Visiting Canada

A visitor visa, also known as a temporary resident visa, is a document that shows you can enter Canada. The visitor visa is usually stuck in your passport.

Visiting children or grandchildren

The visa for parents and grandparents is also called a super visa. It is a multiple entry visa valid for a period of 10 years. A super visa lets parents and grandparents stay with their [grand]children for 5 years each time they visit.

Extending visa

If you want to stay longer in Canada as a visitor, you should apply for a visitor record which is a document that allows you to stay in Canada for a longer period either as a visitor, an authorized worker, or an authorized student.

Business trips to Canada

As a business visitor, you you can stay in Canada for up to 6 months to participate in an event or business meetings.

Electronic Travel Authorization

Foreign nationals who are visa exempt need an eTA to enter Canada when travelling to Canada by air.